Rowe Bristol Lawyers is committed to providing clients with advice to assist them in reaching commercially sound resolutions as efficiently as possible.
Prior to engaging in litigation, the parties may be able to resolve their dispute to their mutual satisfaction by engaging in formal and informal conciliations. We provide our clients with advice as to their prospects of success, expected quantum of damages and likely legal costs to obtain a judgment, so that clients are able to form an opinion as to the additional benefit (if any) litigation would have for them. The avoidance of significant legal costs and potential damage to reputation often assists the parties in reaching a resolution by way of conciliation.
Australian courts are also increasingly turning to mandatory conciliation as a required step in litigation to assist the parties in resolving their disputes, such as the pre-trial conferences required by the Magistrates Court of Western Australia and mediations required by the District and Supreme Courts of Western Australia.
Rowe Bristol Lawyers has extensive experience in dispute resolution. This includes providing legal advice and services in relation to:
- prospects of success in relation to a claim to assist the client in the approach to the dispute resolution process;
- quantification of damages;
- the legal costs likely to be incurred in the course of the dispute resolution process;
- strategies to optimise the client’s negotiating position;
- merits of offers of settlement and appropriate counter offers (when appropriate); and
- informal and formal conciliation and other dispute resolution processes.
If you require legal advice in relation to conciliations or other dispute resolution processes, please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a meeting so that we may consider your specific circumstances.
The above information is provided as general information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. The accuracy of this information may have changed from the date when it was published.