A mortgage is a debt secured against specified real property that a borrower is required to pay back in predetermined instalments.
Mortgages are an important part of the fabric of the Australian economy. ASIC and a number of other regulators have oversight of credit providers and the mortgage industry by reference to the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009and other applicable legislation.
However, there are also certain circumstances where a mortgage may be registered over a property where the debt was not facilitated by a licenced credit provider. Regardless of how the mortgage comes into existence, it is important that all parties to a mortgage arrangement are fully aware of their rights and obligations in respect of the mortgage.
Rowe Bristol Lawyers is experienced in providing legal advice and services in relation to Mortgages, including:
- Providing advice in relation to the terms of a mortgage agreement
- Assisting in the selection of an appropriate loan facility in respect of the mortgage
- Negotiating the terms of the mortgage arrangement
- Preparing mortgage documentation
- Liaising with financial institutions/credit providers
- Representing clients in a mortgage dispute
- Enforcing a mortgage
- Appealing …
If you require legal advice in relation to mortgages, please contact us to arrange a meeting so that we may consider your specific circumstances.
The above information is provided as general information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. The accuracy of this information may have changed from the date when it was published.