Brett practices in litigation, predominantly working with high volume debt recoveries and commercial dispute resolution.
Brett holds a Bachelor of Laws from Murdoch University and was admitted into practice early in 2013. Prior to joining Rowe Bristol Lawyers, Brett worked at a Western Australian based, full service, commercial law firm in the Legal Technology Support Department.
Since joining Rowe Bristol Lawyers, Brett has been assisting clients across a range of practice areas, including, general commercial litigation, dispute resolution, insolvency, building and construction and property and estate planning. Part of Brett’s property practice includes supervising our settlements team.
Brett also regularly provides legal and strategic advice in relation to employment and workplace relations issues and has represented clients in a range of disputes at the Fair Work Commission, the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission and the State Administrative Tribunal.
Brett’s experience includes:
- Providing legal advice in relation to estate planning.
- Preparation of wills, enduring powers of attorney, enduring powers of guardianship and advance health directives.
- Providing legal advice in relation to the Duties Act 2008 (WA).
- Preparing and advising on commercial leases.
- Advice on a range of property related matters including easements, mortgages and caveats.
- Preparing and advising on employment contracts.
- Representation and advice to employers and employees in relation to the Fair Work Act 2009 (including dismissals) at the Fair Work Commission and in relation to the Industrial Relations Act 1979 (WA) at the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission.
- Advice and representation to clients at the State Administrative Tribunal.
- Advice and representation in complex negotiations on a range of commercial matters.
- Advice and representation in relation to debt recovery matters.
- Advice and representation in relation to matters pertaining to The Australian Consumer Law and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001
- Advice and representation on a range of building and construction disputes including complaints under the Building Services (Complaints Resolution and Administration) Act 2011.
Outside of work, Brett has a keen interest on a range of matters including sport, politics, music, food, beer and wine.