Rowe Bristol Lawyers has significant expertise in Building and Construction Law matters both in respect of residential and commercial/industrial structures.
We are happy to assist and advise client (both builders and customers) with respect to all building and construction law related matters. We have assisted clients in a vast range of circumstances, ranging from minor alterations of a dwelling to the ground up construction of several $100m+ industrial plants.
In our experience, the following are common instances where issues requiring legal advice and assistance may arise:
- reviewing, negotiation and amendment of a building or construction contract;
- corresponding with a builder/customer in respect of matters arising during the course of the contract;
- variations to a building or construction contract;
- disputes concerning the scope of works or standard of works;
- payment disputes, including in respect of retention monies; and
- practical completion and warranty issues.
If any disputes arise which the parties are unable to resolve informally, Rowe Bristol Lawyers is experienced at providing professional legal advice and services in relation to dispute resolution, including:
- alternative dispute resolution processes that may minimise the costs of the dispute and/or provide a speedier resolution, such as contractual dispute resolution processes, including adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act 2004 (WA);
- litigations in all State and Federal courts;
- complaints lodged in various State and Federal Tribunals, such as the Building Commission;
- negotiation of settlements of proceedings before or after commencement of litigation in any jurisdiction;
- drafting binding deeds of settlement and deeds of confidentiality to ensure that the clients’ rights are protected upon full and final settlement of disputes.
If you require legal advice in relation to any building and/or construction related matters, please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a meeting so that we may consider your specific circumstances.