Rowe Bristol Lawyers recommends that clients ensure that lending transactions are recorded by way of sufficiently comprehensive documentation as this will:
- inform the parties of their respective rights and responsibilities;
- may assist in parties avoiding costly enforcement proceedings in the event of a dispute;
- assist in minimising legal costs if enforcement proceedings are necessary; and
- maximise the likelihood of recovery of the amounts sought and legal costs incurred.
Rowe Bristol Lawyers is experienced in advising and assisting clients with respect to mortgage and loan documentation, including:
- providing advice with respect to necessary clauses and amendments sought by the client or the other party;
- providing advice in relation to risk management and enforceability of loan documentation;
- providing advice in relation to appropriate security and preserving the client’s position in relation to such security;
- providing advice in relation to related legal issues such as the effect on directors’ obligations, potential insolvent trading or preference payments issues etc.;
- performing due diligence in relation to loan transactions; and
- drafting loan documentation or amending third party loan documentation to meet the client’s commercial needs.
If you require legal advice in relation to mortgage and loan documentation, please contact us to arrange a meeting so that we may consider your specific circumstances.
The above information is provided as general information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. The accuracy of this information may have changed from the date when it was published.